All CVESD families should have received (through email and/or text message) information from CVESD on how to register for your child to get tested for COVID-19 at our school site. If you have misplaced the email or link, another was sent to you on Friday, April 16th around 11:00 AM. You will not need to make an appointment for testing at our school sites.
Our schools will provide on-demand testing, which means that we are accepting “walk-ins”—no appointments are necessary. Here is important information on the CVESD COVID-19 Testing Program:
- Testing will occur at Juarez-Lincoln Elementary School campus on the following days: April 20, May 4, May 18, and June 1.
- On these days, testing will occur from 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM, with no testing from 12:15pm – 12:45pm due to staff lunch times.
- If your student is experiencing symptoms, we highly recommend getting a PCR test at a free County facility or with a medical provider, and not reporting to the school for the antigen test. Unfortunately, the antigen tests used by CVESD cannot be used for return to work or school, per the County’s Symptom Decision Tree. The antigen testing program is for surveillance purposes, in order to quickly determine if individuals are positive and remove such individuals and their close contacts from campus as soon as possible. Contact our school health office for more information or discuss your child’s symptoms.
- At this time, we can only test staff and CVESD students. No family members are able test at this time.
- You do not need to be with your child in order for your child to test under our program; however, if your child walks up to the testing location, we will not be able to test them unless you have signed the on-line consent form at the link you are provided. We highly recommend that you accompany your child to the testing location.
- Links that are sent to you are personalized for your specific student and shouldn’t be shared with others.
- If you have trouble registering/providing consent for your child through the link, please call the district office at (619) 425-9600 and speak to Sherry Stone at ext. 1327 or Theresa Fletcher at ext. 1027 or visit the testing staff on-site at our school and they will be able to help register and test your child during your visit.
- Because we are not taking appointments, we know there will be long lines before and after school. Please take this into account when planning the time have your child tested. Please be patient with the testing team and listen carefully to their instructions.
- The attached pamphlet below provides more information on testing.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus on our campus.
Mr. Pollack, Principal