Applications for the YMCA Stretch Before/After School program for the 2018 – 2019 school year went home last week. These applications should be returned to the Stretch program beginning this week. Applications must be returned by April 20.
Collaboration Schedule for this week. Please send your child with appropriate PE shoes!
Monday – 1st AM/2nd PM
Tuesday – 4th AM/3rd PM
Wednesday – 6th AM/5th PM
Thursday – Prep AM/Kinder PM
Friday – 4th AM
There will be a PTA meeting on Thursday, April 19 at 5pm in the cafeteria. PTA will be voting on a new board for next year. They need to have a minimum of 12 people attend in order to have the vote. If you are a PTA member, we would love to see you on Thursday!
CAASPP Testing (Grades 3 – 6) is rapidly approaching! Portions of the test require headphones. While we have headphones available for students, many students are more comfortable using their own headphones. If your child has a pair of headphones that they can bring to school (and leave until after testing), please send the headphones to school in a zip-lock bag with your child’s name on the bag. Your child should give the headphones to their teacher. If your child does not have headphones, they will be provided. Thank you!
We are looking into doing a Juarez Lincoln night at the Padres. If you would like to join us, please complete the form linked below. Forms must be submitted by Monday, April 16 (tomorrow) at 8am.
- Children should load/unload in the yellow zone only! This is for the safety of all students. Please wait until you are in the yellow zone prior to having students load/unload.
- Pull all the way forward when picking up your child.
- Students should not be inside the school in the mornings. When students arrive they should either be going into the cafeteria to get breakfast or going directly to the lunch arbor to wait until the 8:10am bell rings. Students that eat breakfast, should be in the cafeteria and then be waiting at the lunch tables.
- Students/parents should not be waiting outside of classrooms until the first bell rings at 8:10am. Please wait with your child at the lunch tables and/or have your child wait at the lunch tables until the first bell rings at 8:10am.
- Students that have not been picked up by 3:00pm (Monday – Thursday) or 1:50pm (Friday/Minimum Days) will be waiting inside the office. Parents MUST come inside and sign out their child.
The CVESD Board of Education has approved the calendar for the 2018 – 2019 school year. Click on the link below to check it out!
April 16 – 20: Scholastic BOGO Book Fair
April 19: PTA Meeting 5-6pm
April 23 – 27: Kinder – 2nd Grade Local Measures Testing
April 30 – May 8: 5th/6th Grade CAASPP Testing
May 9 – May 18: 3rd/4th Grade CAASPP Testing
May 28: Memorial Day – No School
June 1: Last Day