ELAC Meeting/Elections: JAN. 25, 2019
We need you! No experience required. The Juarez-Lincoln English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC) is asking for nominees for candidates to serve as President, Vice-President, Secretary, DELAC Representativeand Alternate DELAC Representative. All parents are eligible to nominate him or herself or another person.
- Nomination forms are also available in the Main Office.
- The voting will take place at the ELAC meeting on Friday, January 25 at 8:30 am in the PDC. There is a commitment of approximately 2 hours twice a month.
- If you would like to nominate yourself or another person, please complete the nomination form that was sent home with your child and send it to our Main Office no later than January 24 at 4:00 pm.
|ELAC Meetings at Juarez-Lincoln (8:30-9:30am)||DAC/DELAC Meetings at the CVESD District Office (12:00-2:00pm)|
|January 25||January 29|
|February 22||February 12|
|March 15||March 12|
|April 26||April 23|
|May 23||May 21|
*ONLY the DELAC Representative or DELAC Alternate Representative will be responsible for attending the monthly DAC/DELAC meetings at the CVESD District Office on 84 East J Street, Chula Vista, CA 91910.
What is ELAC?
ELAC is an acronym for English Learner Advisory Committee. ELAC is an elected committee of parents, staff, and community members specifically designated to advise school officials on English Learner program services.
Information on Roles:
- Supports preparation of ELAC meetings and agendas
- Helps the chairperson in any or all of the tasks
- Takes meeting notes
- Keeps and maintains documents in a binder
DELAC Representatives and Alternates
- Attends DAC/DELAC meetings and shares information with ELAC
***Nomination forms are also available in the Main Office.