The Chula Vista Elementary School District participates annually in the Hanover Survey. This survey gathers feedback about our school climate and culture. The results from the survey are used to inform future improvements at our school and district. We hope you will take a few minutes to click on the link below and complete the survey. The link will be open through Thursday, May 31.
Fourth Quarter Awards Assemblies
All assemblies will be in the auditorium.
Wednesday, May 23: 4th/5th Grade 8:30am; 6th Grade 1:00pm
Tuesday, May 29: Kinder/1st Grade 8:30am
Thursday, May 31: 2nd/3rd Grade 8:30am
Residency Verification for the 2018 – 2019 school year will take place May 23 through June 1.
ALL students/families MUST complete Residency Verification for the 2018 – 2019 school year. Students will NOT be placed on a class list for the new school year until residency verification has been completed.
Residency verification will take place in the office between 8:45am – 11:15am and 1:45pm – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday.
There will be a special Verification of Residency Night on Wednesday, June 13 from 4 – 6pm and again on Wednesday, July 18 from 4 – 6pm.
Please stop by the office no later than June 1 with ONE of the following documents:
Bills MUST have a due date of May 23 or later!
- Cable Bill
- Gas and Electric Bill
- Pay Stub
- Mortgage statement
- Property Tax payment receipt
- HOA Bill
- Rental Agreement
- Sewer Bill
- Trash Bill
- Voter Registration
Please note! The Juarez-Lincoln office will be closed from June 15 – July 11 and will re-open on Thursday, July 12.
Have items with Box Tops at home? Cut them out and bring them to school next week! We will be collecting Box Tops all of this week. Please bring to school by Friday, May 25.
Each Box Top collected is $0.10 for the school – every one counts!
- Children should load/unload in the yellow zone only! This is for the safety of all students. Please wait until you are in the yellow zone prior to having students load/unload.
- Pull all the way forward when picking up your child.
- Students should not be inside the school in the mornings. When students arrive they should either be going into the cafeteria to get breakfast or going directly to the lunch arbor to wait until the 8:10am bell rings. Students that eat breakfast, should be in the cafeteria and then be waiting at the lunch tables.
- Students/parents should not be waiting outside of classrooms until the first bell rings at 8:10am. Please wait with your child at the lunch tables and/or have your child wait at the lunch tables until the first bell rings at 8:10am.
- The staff parking lot is for staff parking only. If you have a need to park, please park in the spaces in front of the school.
- Students that have not been picked up by 3:00pm (Monday – Thursday) or 1:50pm (Friday/Minimum Days) will be waiting inside the office. Parents MUST come inside and sign out their child.
The CVESD Board of Education has approved the calendar for the 2018 – 2019 school year. Click on the link below to check it out!
May 23: 4th/5th Grade Awards Assembly 8:30am; 6th Grade Awards Assembly 1pm
May 23: Residency Verification Begins
May 24: University Flag Parade 1pm
May 25: Box Tops Due; ELAC Meeting 8:30am PDC
May 26: Staff vs. 6th Grade Kickball 10am
May 28: Memorial Day – No School
May 29: Kinder/1st Grade Awards Assembly 8:30am
May 30: Kinder Performance 9am
May 31: 2nd/3rd Grade Awards Assembly 8:30am
June 1: Last Day; 6th Grade Promotion
June 13: Residency Verification Night 4-6pm
June 14: Last Day JL Office Open
July 12: JL Office Re-Opens
July 18: Residency Verification Night 4-6pm
July 23: First Day of 2018 – 2019 School Year