Happy Mother’s Day to all of the mother’s, stepmother’s, and grandmother’s in our Juarez Lincoln community! We are thankful to have you all!
The Chula Vista Elementary School District participates annually in the Hanover Survey. This survey gathers feedback about our school climate and culture. The results from the survey are used to inform future improvements at our school and district. We hope you will take a few minutes to click on the link below and complete the survey. The link will be open through Thursday, May 31.
We are wrapping up our last week of testing! Our third and fourth graders continue their CAASPP testing all week.
Below are some testing reminders…
- Be at school on time, every day! Students that arrive after testing has begun will NOT be admitted to class. Strive to be at school by 8:10am each day.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Go to bed early so that you are well rested for your test.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. You want to be at your best for the test!
- Grades 3 – 4 will finish CAASPP testing on May 9
Yearbook Orders were sent home last week! Complete the form and return form and payment by tomorrow, Monday, May 14.
All yearbook orders are due by tomorrow Monday, May 14!
Fourth Quarter Awards Assemblies
All assemblies will be in the auditorium.
Wednesday, May 23: 4th/5th Grade 8:30am; 6th Grade 1:00pm
Tuesday, May 29: Kinder/1st Grade 8:30am
Thursday, May 31: 2nd/3rd Grade 8:30am
- Children should load/unload in the yellow zone only! This is for the safety of all students. Please wait until you are in the yellow zone prior to having students load/unload.
- Pull all the way forward when picking up your child.
- Students should not be inside the school in the mornings. When students arrive they should either be going into the cafeteria to get breakfast or going directly to the lunch arbor to wait until the 8:10am bell rings. Students that eat breakfast, should be in the cafeteria and then be waiting at the lunch tables.
- Students/parents should not be waiting outside of classrooms until the first bell rings at 8:10am. Please wait with your child at the lunch tables and/or have your child wait at the lunch tables until the first bell rings at 8:10am.
- The staff parking lot is for staff parking only. If you have a need to park, please park in the spaces in front of the school.
- Students that have not been picked up by 3:00pm (Monday – Thursday) or 1:50pm (Friday/Minimum Days) will be waiting inside the office. Parents MUST come inside and sign out their child.
The CVESD Board of Education has approved the calendar for the 2018 – 2019 school year. Click on the link below to check it out!
May 9 – May 18: 3rd/4th Grade CAASPP Testing
May 14: Yearbook Orders Due
May 23: 4th/5th Grade Awards Assembly 8:30am; 6th Grade Awards Assembly 1pm
May 28: Memorial Day – No School
May 29: Kinder/1st Grade Awards Assembly 8:30am
May 31: 2nd/3rd Grade Awards Assembly 8:30am
June 1: Last Day; 6th Grade Promotion