Tis the season for End of Year State Testing! This week, our fifth and sixth graders will begin their testing.
Below are some testing reminders…
- Be at school on time, every day! Students that arrive after testing has begun will NOT be admitted to class. Strive to be at school by 8:10am each day.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Go to bed early so that you are well rested for your test.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. You want to be at your best for the test!
- Grades 5 – 6 will begin CAASPP testing this week!
- Grades 3 – 4 begin CAASPP testing on May 9
CAASPP Testing (Grades 3 – 6) is rapidly approaching! Portions of the test require headphones. While we have headphones available for students, many students are more comfortable using their own headphones. If your child has a pair of headphones that they can bring to school (and leave until after testing), please send the headphones to school in a zip-lock bag with your child’s name on the bag. Your child should give the headphones to their teacher. If your child does not have headphones, they will be provided. Thank you!
Collaboration Schedule for this week. Please send your child with appropriate PE shoes!
Monday – Prep AM/5th PM
Tuesday – Kinder AM/6th PM
Wednesday – 2nd AM/1st PM
Thursday – 3rd AM/4th PM
Friday – 5th AM
Jump Rope For Heart will be on Thursday, May 3 from 1:45pm – 2:30pm. Come join the staff and students as they jump to help their heart health!
Students took home packets with information last week. Please make sure student name, teacher name, and room number are written clearly on any coupons returned! This helps ensure that students receive their correct prizes. Money will be collected through Wednesday, May 9.
PARENTS! We are looking for donations of water and juice for the event. If you are able to donate, please bring the items to Ms. Herrera, room 802. Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottles to the event.
Yearbook Orders will be sent home this week! Complete the form and return form and payment by May 14.
Fourth Quarter Awards Assemblies
All assemblies will be in the auditorium.
Wednesday, May 23: 4th/5th Grade 8:30am; 6th Grade 1:00pm
Tuesday, May 29: Kinder/1st Grade 8:30am
Thursday, May 31: 2nd/3rd Grade 8:30am
- Children should load/unload in the yellow zone only! This is for the safety of all students. Please wait until you are in the yellow zone prior to having students load/unload.
- Pull all the way forward when picking up your child.
- Students should not be inside the school in the mornings. When students arrive they should either be going into the cafeteria to get breakfast or going directly to the lunch arbor to wait until the 8:10am bell rings. Students that eat breakfast, should be in the cafeteria and then be waiting at the lunch tables.
- Students/parents should not be waiting outside of classrooms until the first bell rings at 8:10am. Please wait with your child at the lunch tables and/or have your child wait at the lunch tables until the first bell rings at 8:10am.
- The staff parking lot is for staff parking only. If you have a need to park, please park in the spaces in front of the school.
- Students that have not been picked up by 3:00pm (Monday – Thursday) or 1:50pm (Friday/Minimum Days) will be waiting inside the office. Parents MUST come inside and sign out their child.
The CVESD Board of Education has approved the calendar for the 2018 – 2019 school year. Click on the link below to check it out!
April 30 – May 8: 5th/6th Grade CAASPP Testing
May 3: Jump Rope For Heart 1:45pm – 2:30pm
May 7: School Site Council Meeting 3:00pm
May 9 – May 18: 3rd/4th Grade CAASPP Testing
May 23: 4th/5th Grade Awards Assembly 8:30am; 6th Grade Awards Assembly 1pm
May 28: Memorial Day – No School
May 29: Kinder/1st Grade Awards Assembly 8:30am
May 31: 2nd/3rd Grade Awards Assembly 8:30am
June 1: Last Day; 6th Grade Promotion