Tis the season for End of Year State Testing! Below are some testing reminders…
- Be at school on time, every day! Students that arrive after testing has begun will NOT be admitted to class. Strive to be at school by 8:10am each day.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Go to bed early so that you are well rested for your test.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. You want to be at your best for the test!
- Grades K – 2 will have their Local Measures Writing test this week
- Grades 5 – 6 will begin CAASPP testing the week of April 30
CAASPP Testing (Grades 3 – 6) is rapidly approaching! Portions of the test require headphones. While we have headphones available for students, many students are more comfortable using their own headphones. If your child has a pair of headphones that they can bring to school (and leave until after testing), please send the headphones to school in a zip-lock bag with your child’s name on the bag. Your child should give the headphones to their teacher. If your child does not have headphones, they will be provided. Thank you!
Fourth Quarter Awards Assemblies
All assemblies will be in the auditorium.
Wednesday, May 23: 4th/5th Grade 8:30am; 6th Grade 1:00pm
Tuesday, May 29: Kinder/1st Grade 8:30am
Thursday, May 31: 2nd/3rd Grade 8:30am
PTA will be raffling off prizes on Friday, April 27 in honor of Day of the Child! When students come to school, they will be entered into a raffle to win bikes, t-shirts, and other goodies! At the end of the day, PTA will be passing out fruit popsicles to all students.
- Children should load/unload in the yellow zone only! This is for the safety of all students. Please wait until you are in the yellow zone prior to having students load/unload.
- Pull all the way forward when picking up your child.
- Students should not be inside the school in the mornings. When students arrive they should either be going into the cafeteria to get breakfast or going directly to the lunch arbor to wait until the 8:10am bell rings. Students that eat breakfast, should be in the cafeteria and then be waiting at the lunch tables.
- Students/parents should not be waiting outside of classrooms until the first bell rings at 8:10am. Please wait with your child at the lunch tables and/or have your child wait at the lunch tables until the first bell rings at 8:10am.
- Students that have not been picked up by 3:00pm (Monday – Thursday) or 1:50pm (Friday/Minimum Days) will be waiting inside the office. Parents MUST come inside and sign out their child.
The CVESD Board of Education has approved the calendar for the 2018 – 2019 school year. Click on the link below to check it out!
April 23 – 27: Kinder – 2nd Grade Local Measures Testing
April 27: ELAC Meeting 8:30am PDC; Cartoon Shirt Day
April 30 – May 8: 5th/6th Grade CAASPP Testing
May 7: School Site Council Meeting 3:00pm
May 9 – May 18: 3rd/4th Grade CAASPP Testing
May 23: 4th/5th Grade Awards Assembly 8:30am; 6th Grade Awards Assembly 1pm
May 28: Memorial Day – No School
May 29: Kinder/1st Grade Awards Assembly 8:30am
May 31: 2nd/3rd Grade Awards Assembly 8:30am
June 1: Last Day